The Reality of FASHION The Reality of AIDS (RFRA) was a New York Fashion Week celebrity runway show exclusive to, created, and produced by BPM-PR Event PR Firm where celebrity reality stars and celebrities that have appeared on reality television walk the runway to raise awareness for HIV/AIDS. The show was created to raise HIV/AIDS awareness and to encourage testing within the demographic reality star audience of both males and females between the ages of 17-45.
The featured designer for RFRA 2013 was womens couture designer Dominique Auxilly. Auxilly’s canvases are women that lack inhibitions and could not care less for public opinion. Known to pull inspiration from all aspects of life her pieces most often reflect her love for old Hollywood, her obsession with architectural structures and her Jamaican roots. Her pieces had previously been known to attract the attention of stylists, editors, fashion bloggers and well known celebrity names such as Nicki Minaj, Adrienne Bailon, Coco-T, Tamar Braxton and many more.
In 2011 BPM-PR noticed an influx of calls particularly coming from outside PR firms asking us to work with them on Fashion Events since they did not have strong media connections in key cities such as NYC, LA and Miami. Though we happily worked with many of these firms to establish their events we found that many of them did not work as methodically or with the speed that BPMPR’s Event PR Firm prides itself on. We did not want to dilute our brand by continuously connecting our work with other Event PR firms. We also did not want to give our media, celebrity and fashion influencer connections away to grow what were ideally competitors within the industry. We instead wanted build our connection base to use for our existing and new clients. Beautiful Planning Marketing & PR also aimed to obtain additional online retailer clientele and place a firm footprint within the fashion, beauty and lifestyle industries in addition to the work already completed.
Through RFRA 2013 Beautiful Planning Marketing & PR effectively established a much stronger footprint and name within the fashion, beauty, and lifestyle community and managed to add to our already notable events platform. Celebrity names that walked the runway included Lil Kim, Janice Dickinson of Americas Next Top Model, Drita D’Avanzo and Ramona Rizzo of Mob Wives, Brittany Brower, Deena Nicole Cortese of The Jersey Shore, Ramona Singer and Alex McCord of The Real Housewives of New York, Michelle Money of Bachelor, and many more. Over 400 people attended the star studded event with 250 attendees being media and fashion industry leaders. We are currently in planning stages for 2014 and 2015 events.
- The event was placed in and on Forbes , StyleNetwork, WetPaint, PopSugar, Necole Bitchie, NY Daily News, Edge, Perez Hilton, and up to 175+ additional coverage outlets.
- Residual Press as the gown Lil Kim wore on the runway when EVE chose to wear the same gown to the 2013 Met Gala
- Beautiful Planning Marketing & PR Firm name established beyond other competing firms within both fashion, beauty, and lifestyle divisions along with entertainment division.
- Resulted in Beautiful Planning being the PR firm of choice for 2013 Hot 97 Summer Jam concert with names such as Mariah Carey, Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj, Lil Kim and more.
- Increased celebrity, stylist, celebrity publicist, fashion media and influencer connections